Avis Website User Agreement
Making a Reservation on this Site
A reservation (whether confirmed or not) does not constitute a contract for the supply of vehicle rental services. A contract will be entered into at the time of rental and will be governed by the laws of the country of rental.
AVIS WEB SITE USER AGREEMENT
Avis UK of Trident House, Station Road, Hayes owns and operates this Web site. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions ”We”, ”Our” and ”Us” refers to Avis UK. Please review these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this Web site. Your use of this Web site indicates your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
All trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the materials on this Web site (as well as the organisation and layout of this Web site) together with the underlying software code are owned either directly by Us or by Our licensors. Without Our prior written permission, you may not copy, modify, alter, publish, broadcast, distribute, sell or transfer any material on this Web site or the underlying software code whether in whole or in part. However, the contents of this Web site may be downloaded, printed or copied for your personal non-commercial use.
You may only use this Web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which includes complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK or other jurisdiction from which you are accessing this Web site.
In particular, you agree that you will not:
· post, transmit or disseminate any information on or via this Web site which is or may be harmful, obscene, defamatory or otherwise illegal;
· use this Web site in a manner which causes or may cause an infringement of the rights of any other;
· make any other unauthorised, false or fraudulent booking;
· use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of this Web site including but not limited to uploading or making available files containing corrupt data or viruses via whatever means;
· deface, alter or interfere with the front end ‘look and feel’ of this Web site or the underlying software code;
· take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Web site or related infrastructure;
· obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, via whatever means, to any of Our networks.
Without prejudice to any of Our other rights (whether at law or otherwise) We reserve the right to:
· cancel your bookings without reference to you; and/or
· deny you access to this Web site where we believe (in Our absolute discretion) that you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
Changes to this Web site
We may make improvements or changes to the information, services, products and other materials on this Web site, or terminate this Web site, at any time without notice. We may also modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on this Web site. Accordingly, your continued access or use of this Web site is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
Links to Other Web sites
This Web site may include links to other internet sites. We do not endorse any such web sites and We are not responsible for the information, material, products or services contained on or accessible through those web sites. Your access and use of such web sites remains solely at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will We be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of access to, or the use of this Web site or any information contained in it, including loss of profit and the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit Our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Disclaimer of Warranty
To the maximum extent permitted by law, We disclaim all implied warranties with regard to the information, services and materials contained on this Web site. All such information, services and materials are provided ”as is” and ”as available” without warranty of any kind.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Us harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense (including reasonable legal fees) related to your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions contain all the terms of your agreement with Us relating to your use of this Web site. No other written or oral statement (including statements in any brochure or promotional literature published by us) will be incorporated.
Your use of this Web site, any downloaded material from it and the operation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the British courts.